Monday, March 3, 2008

Recipes and Scrapbooking

This darling page is from the 6 x 6 recipe book, a 20 page kit we had last summer. Everything came all ready to assemble all you have to do is glue and add your favorite recipes!!!


One of my favorite recipes lately is my cousin's Honey Wheat Bread (I think that's why I am up 5 lbs.) who can resist a slice (or a loaf in my case) of homemade bread?

Honey Wheat Bread

2 1/4 teaspoon yeast

2 cups warm water

2 cups white flour

3 cups wheat flour

1 teaspoon salt

5 table spoons olive oil

4 table spoons honey

In a small bowl mix yeast and water, In a big bowl mix flour and salt, add honey and oil to the yeast mixture and stir. Then mix the bowls two together. Mix up very will and knead till smooth (about 10 min. if you do it the old fashioned way like me) Grease bowl and let rise for 1 hour. Punch down bread and separate into bread pans, cover and let rise about 1 hour. Bake at 370 for 25-30 min. until golden brown.

Oh, If you love bread (like me) you better double the recipe!!!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Hey, who said you could blog my recipe?? Just kidding! It is the best, we will be having some for dinner tonight... yum yum!

Rebecca said...

I am excited to try this recipe, I have heard from "an expert judge" that is is amazing!!!! PS add my name to the drawing....Rebecca R.

Karen said...

You'll love it!!!